Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Submitted for ALAB 2001, a special Valentine release of UP Linang

Submitted for ALAB 2001, a special Valentine release of UP Linang

Untitled

"Jordan, why are you doing that?" He ignored me and continued venting his tantrum on the sofa.

"You know I hate it when you destroy our furniture when we argue." When I got nothing out of that I changed tack and tried a more conciliatory approach. "So I was wrong. You hear me? I admit it...I was WRONG!"

Sighing, I continued, "Eric was only for the weekend. We had a lovely summer fling and now I've ended it...over this weekend...given, it's in a resort with a spa, but really it's over now." I noticed that our throw pillows were ready to be thrown out. Jordan left nothing salvageable when he's in an awful fit.

"WE CAN'T GO ON LIKE THIS!" I screamed, he blinked. "You barely acknowledge my existence. You don't show up for days. I worry and I care, and it doesn't make a difference to you!" At my threatening posture he growled.

"What do you expect? I need a little loving and I'm not getting any! Momma needs some action for god's sake!" With that careless statement he perked up and glowered at me with burning eyes. I was a fool, "AND ERIC WAS MORE THAN WILLING!"

Bristling, Jordan turned up his nose on me and left with a huff.

Nice going, I berated myself. "Baby? Please baby." I pleaded, following him into the kitchen. Jordan was slouched on a chair and looked forlorn. My conscience taunted me mercilessly. We kept silent. Jordan absently scratched his ear. One of the things I adored about him was how he scratched his ear when he felt agitated. I looked at him sadly. I knew him so well, and I conceded that even if he wasn't very demonstrative his loyalty undeniably showed that he did love me.

Even when I was so obsessed with Leo, my goldfish, he didn't deny me our late-night cuddles. Although later on I found Leo swimming on our carpet with its fins more or less missing. I had no clear incriminating evidence against Jordan, but I did wonder.

Jordan finally looked at me with big, hurt, gray eyes. He seemed to want to say something, but he kept his silence. Still, his gaze spoke volumes...I was forgiven.

"We must be masochistic." I replied with a watery laugh. "We're both mature. Acceptance builds a relationship." I reasoned, he stared with understanding in his eyes.

"Friends?" I offered. He blinked, as I said he was largely undemonstrative. "Let me make it up to you. I'll serve dinner, okay?" I reached for a bowl and opened the pantry.

"I swear I'll never leave you in a kennel again. Whiskas?"

He flicked his furry tail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home