Tuesday, December 20, 2005

10 June 2001

10 June 2001

Mom barged into my room as I was listening to U2's greatest hits cassette. She came in while my favorite song (at least, designated favorite song) New Year's Day was on. U2 being the perfect band for deep idealistic musings (loafing around, in plain English), I resented her intrusion.

This clashed with the fact that she had just done something sweet and motherly for me. She adjusted my black "job interview" pants. The waistband was too large for me, even though my waist has a fairly generous circumference. The reason for the kink is that my thighs are also generous. (Fat is a more proper description. However, I try not to self-deprecate since I have a very sensitive sensibility.) Therefore, baggier pants that fit me nicely around my thighs, unfortunately, have larger waists. For some cruel reason, dressmakers - couturiers, designers, whatever - have not bothered to design clothes for unfashionably pear shaped women like me.

Now the pants fit. Never mind that U2 moment, I love my mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home