Tuesday, December 20, 2005

26 May 2001

26 May 2001

The pistachio nuts were only a come on. There were no pistachio nuts… and no dates either. They were cracked walnuts. No shells, only the insides were presented in a clear plastic bag. I think I would have preferred the dates, because those are sweet - the walnuts are as dry as dust and bitter. It is now a week and three days from my birthday.

I was foolish enough to think that I could finish my life story in one evening. Knowing me - and I know me better than anyone else - I get bored before I finish anything. I conveniently blame this on the fact that I was raised on television, and therefore have a very limited attention span. A little annoying voice in my head, however, attributes it to my lazy nature.

I try not to listen to that little annoying voice so that I wouldn't get depressed. What has spurred me to write again? I just watched the Wonder Boys, starring Michael Douglas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home