Tuesday, December 20, 2005

28 June 2002 Ryan's Letter

28 June 2002

Mrs. Mariliz S. Fazonela
World's Greatest Mother
Metro Manila, Philippines

Dear Mommy:

Good day!

This is with regards to my feelings of love and affection for you. If you recall we had initiated our contract, our being mother and son, some years back on January 16 (which happens to be our mutual birthday!). It was a very memorable day for me because it was the first time we met face to face, and even then with your face looking exhausted, needing mascara, ointment for your eye bags, chap stick for your lips, and your hair matted with sweat (for my part I was naked and hanging upside-down) I knew that we were going to have a long and fruitful relationship.

I admit there have been days that weren't so harmonious, and times that were as rocky as the Grand Canyon but we persevered because ours is the kind of love that lasts, and lasts, and lasts, and...well, you get the picture. I have decided to forward this letter to your good office (which is one door down from my room in our house) to formalize the details of our relationship. First, I promise to be as good a son that any red-blooded Pinoy teenager can be, which isn't by much. Second, I concede with great reluctance to clean my room - but I still won't do the windows. Third, I will allow the hugging, the cuddling, the kissing that you just have to do when you can't resist your, ahem, adorable son. Fourth, okay I'll go easy on my brother, but I still say that he was the one that broke your favorite vase - cross my heart! Finally, I promise that you'll always come first (except on basketball nights with Dad - you understand don't you?)

I hope that all muddled areas of our contract have been cleared up, and here is to our continued harmonious relationship.

Lovingly,

Amhir Ryan S. Fazonela
Your Devoted Son

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home